Monday, November 21, 2005

The world keeps on turning

I think every year Canada has a "mystery" winter... sometimes we'll have a green christmas, sometimes we'll have a white christmas. Sometimes we'll have heavy snow, sometimes we'll have almost no snow at all. Sometimes it's so frigidly cold that you'd rather stab yourself in the eye with a spoon instead of have to go outside and sometimes it's quite pleasent outside.

This year it's snowed AND hailed already. I'm not sure what that means for the rest of the winter but I hope it's a good thing? @_@

Autumn and the beginning of the winter to come??

I'm not sure I'm ready for this yet
The snow's going sideways in the second pic because of the wind. That's always fun...

But whenever it gets really cold and I'm walking home and hating my life, I think of these guys:
They go without food and sunlight for like 3 months or something stupid like that. They don't even have coats! They're naked and it's like -40C outside. So whenever this winter gets bad for YOU think about emperor penguins and how bad THEY have it. Yeah... emperor penguinsss...

BUT the good thing about winter is that it's snowboarding season!
Going up the hill on the chair lift at Blue Mountain; Boards! left to right: Me, Teddy, Young

Last season was kinda crappy since the hills were all ice. I hope this year's season is better (Y)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.. penguins! I like your positive way of thinking..